Keystone Real Estate is a full service Real Estate company. We are here to help you buy homes, sell homes, and residential investments. In addition to our excellent sales staff we provide experienced property management services for single and multifamily dwellings located in and around Lane county. Need a hand buying, selling, or renting your home? Call us today and let us help you get the most for your home.
Applicant Screening Criteria
- Identification - Applicants shall provide picture identification at time of applications(s). Prior to the signing of a rental agreement, anyone who is going to live in the home for more than 14 days in a calendar year and who is an adult or emancipated minor, must submit a completed application and pay a fee of $25.00 nonrefundable applicant screening charge.
- Applicant Process - Applicant is urged to review the screening criteria to determine if requirements can be met. Each applicant over 18 shall submit a completed application and pay the appropriate applicant screening charge(s).
- Acceptance or denial of the application may take up to 7 days. Upon acceptance, applicant(s) may be required to complete the rental agreement and pay applicable fees and/or deposits within 3 days.
- Rent to Income Ratio - Combined income of all the applicants shall be 2.3 to 3.0 times the monthly rent amount, depending on the home/owner.
- Source of Income - All sources of employment and non-employment income shall be legally obtained and verifiable. At the time of application, it shall be the obligation of the applicant to provide proof of income through tax returns, investment reports or other financial data, pay stubs, or employer verification. Stability of the source(s) and amount of income during the past five years may be considered.
- Housing References - The applicant(s) shall provide the information necessary to verify current and previous rental history for the past five years. Information obtained from those related by blood or marriage may require compliance with the variance policy. If the applicant's housing during the past five years has included home ownership, mortgage payment history shall be considered. If applying for a room then roommate references will also be required.
- Credit Worthiness - Credit worthiness may be determined from a credit report which should reflect prudent payment history. Applicant(s) history should be free of evictions, judgment, collections, and bankruptcies. A valid explanation may be considered by the owner/agent if provided by the applicant(s).
- Limitations - Generally speaking occupancy may not exceed two persons per bedroom. Smoking is/is not limited in the unit (varies). Parking shall be limited to 1-2 vehicles per unit. Pets may or may not be permitted, depending on the owner/agent. The owner/agent shall allow aid animals or modifications to the unit/home necessary to assist those with disabilities.
- Arrests and Convictions - Arrests and/or convictions may be evaluated. Any applicant whose occupancy could constitute a direct threat to the health and/or safety to other individuals or could result in physical damage to the premises will be denied.
- Demeanor and Behavior - The behavior and demeanor of the applicants during the application process will be considered.
- Incomplete, Inaccurate, or False Information - Any information that is incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, or falsified may be grounds for rejection or termination of the rental agreement upon agent/owner discovery.
Variance PolicyFailure to meet the screening criteria as stated may be grounds for:
- Denial of the applicant/application
- If a cosigner is accepted, such individual will also be required to meet the above screening criteria
- Payment of additional deposit of percentage of the rent.