Here is general list of things that should be taken care of before the keys are turned in :
- Clean Stove completely (oven, burners, rings & knobs). Be sure to turn stove off at the circuit breaker. Also catch under burners (under pans in under-part of stove). Shine all chrome.
- Defrost and wash the inside of the refrigerator with sudsy warm water, wipe all marks off outside and polish, remember let the ice melt, do not pry it off with anything. That could totally destroy the refrigerator and you would be responsible for that kind of damage. Move the fridge and clean under and behind it, remove all decals carefully without scratching the surface. If you turn the fridge off, leave the door ajar.
- Wash the inside and outside of dishwasher, paying special attention to corners. Polish outside, leave door ajar.
- Wash all of the woodwork, shelves and walls. Remove shelf liner. Once again get corners.
- Furniture polish such as Pledge, shines and cleans outside cupboards nicely after they have been scrubbed.
- Wash all windows inside and out. Clean all of the window tracks out completely. Clean off all curtain rods, and brush off screens. Remove all light fixtures and fan covers. Wash thoroughly. Shine chrome.
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs. Don't forget oven and refrigerator lights.
- Mop floors. A commercial wax remover is about the only thing that will do this. Do not wax floors. Removing wax from floors is time consuming.
- Scrub all counter tops. Wipe out all drawers.
Living Room & Bedrooms
- Scrub tub, sink and toilet. Get all rings out. Scrub tile around tub.
- If there is a mold problem present, there is a product "X-14" mold remover you can buy and use.
- Scrub shower door and tracks (both sides). Lastly, shine up all chrome faucets, handles, tub & sink. Clean mirror.
- Scrub out all drawers and cupboards-pay particular attention to corners.
- Remove all light fixtures and fan covers. Scrub and replace. Shine Chrome.
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
- Scrub all counter tops.
- Scrub floor-pay attention to corners. Do not wax floors.
- Wash down walls.
- Wash all windows inside and out. Brush off all screens. Wash window tracks, get it all, sometimes the rim around the window needs heavy scrubbing. Don't leave any grease. Wipe off (with sudsy water) heat registers. Now is a good time to double check to be sure registers were washed in kitchen & bathroom. Wipe off all doors with warm sudsy water, both sides. Once again, check the kitchen & bathroom.
- If you have a fireplace, clean it out completely and wash brick if necessary.
- Spot wash all walls. If you have closets, wash all shelves. Spot wash walls and scrub floor. Do not wax floor.
- Remove light fixtures & clean. Replace all burnt out light bulbs.
- In the case of a balcony, clean it off, remove all junk & sweep. Do not sweep debris over edge of balcony.
- Vacuum all carpets and be sure to get all cobwebs out of unit. Sweep off front porch, be sure to remove cobwebs from doorframe and porch light.
Double check your unit's condition before turning your keys in to Keystone Real Estate. The best rule of thumb is to leave the unit as you would like to move into it. Please leave a forwarding address so that we know where to send your deposit accounting.